Dan's Pawn has been giving back to the community for years
Current and past donations include (but are not limited to):
- Here is Avery Adcock, in the classroom helping guide our future business leaders by instructing them in entrepreneurial spirit. With the help of Avery and those like him we can build a better tomorrow by building a strong business ethic in our youngsters.
Bay Haven Charter Academy Foundation - 2012 Golf Tournament
The BHCA Foundation golf tournament at Bay Point rasied over $6000 to support our schools, Bay Haven and North Bay Haven. We would like to thank the many fine sponsors who made this year’s tournament a huge success! A big shout out goes to First Choice Physical Therapy, Panama City Toyota, The Clemons Company, Peaden Heating and Air, Doral Bank, Merchant Management Group, Laguna Beach Christian Retreat, GAC Contractors, Culligan Water, Adams Pharmacy, Redmond’s Land Development, Burke & Blue, Garment Gear, Crow Signs, Hancock Bank, Regions Bank, Innovations Federal Credit Union, Mulligans and Bay County Awards and Engraving. We couldn't have done it without you!
Boys & Girls Club
Dan's Pawn and Raymond King are proud to support Bryan Taylor for KING ... with a donation for the silent auction at the Boys & Girls Club 2nd Chance Prom
Go TEAM TAYLOR!!
Humane Society of Bay County
Dan's Pawn's own Ashley Bell rocking with Aaron Rich of the Humane Society of Bay County. We donated a guitar/amp combo to auction off at the Toast for the Paws event in February. Rock on!
Emerald Coast Business Women
Dawn Fleming, picking up our guitar/amp combo that was donated to their annual Death by Chocolate event from Shawn Oliver. This year they raised $20,000 for scholarships! Congratulations to all the ladies who made this yummy event such a success!
Catholic Charities of Northwest Florida
- We are pleased to support their Annual Charity Ball, by donating items that can be auctioned. Here's Stephanie Gagnon accepting a donated item (jewelry) for their latest auction from our Springfield Store Manager, Mr Wesley Burnham.
American Cancer Society
- We donated a very lovely diamond ring for the Cattle Barrons Ball which was sold via the silent auction. Avery and his wife attended the Ball as well, dancing up a storm & raising money for a great cause. Being a native of Texas, this is one of Avery's favorite events!
Bay Haven Charter Academy
- Dan's Pawn proudly supports the Bay Haven Band Boosters. Here Avery presents a check to the BHCA Band Boosters President, Elizabeth Hicks. Go Bobcats!!
Salvation Army Domestic Violence Shelter
Wings for Warriors
Habitat for Humanity
George A Butchikas Autism Foundation
- We are pleased to be able to donate an item for auction at this years BBQ & Silent Auction. The George A. Butchikas foundation was founded to provide intensive and individual therapy services to local children with autism.
Fellowship of Christian Athletes
Early Education & Care
- Marcus, assistant manager of the St. Andrew's store, chose to give to Early Education and Care today at their office. Marcus' donation will send 10 kids on a field trip that might not otherwise get to participate. We are so proud of Marcus!
- We were pleased to sponsor JA this year (2011). Junior Achievement of Northwest Florida is business people, educators and others who volunteer their time in our local schools. Using nationally developed curriculum and hands-on experience, they help young people understand the economics of life. Junior Achievement programs help prepare young people for the real world by showing them how to generate wealth and effectively manage it, how to create jobs which make their communities more robust, and how to apply entrepreneurial thinking to the workplace. Students put these lessons into action and learn the value of contributing to their communities. Our very own Avery Adcock is just such a teacher, giving of his time (shown here at Northside Elementary) to help mold the future business leaders of our great city.
March 3rd, 2012 Junior Achievement sponsored the Bowl to Achieve event at Rock' It Lanes. The primary sponsor was Doral Bank, and we are grateful for their generosity. We were pleased to host several groups of deserving kids, treating them to a free day of bowling & skating. We also honored last years JA essay contest winner, Cooper Lovett & his family. Ron Wolf, Terri Little & Avery Adcock enjoyed throwing beads and moon pies to everyone who bowled a strike!
St. Andrew's Waterfront Partnership
St. Andrews History Committee
held a fundraiser to collect the needed nickel, dimes, and dollars to purchase the Gulf Coast Development Company Safe and return it to its original home – the Panama City Publishing Co. Museum. We were glad to support this effort.
Future Business Leaders
- The F.B.L. Scholarship Fund provides an educational opportunity for pawn industry employees and their families with financial needs. Several pawnbrokers have consulted with local politicians and church officials for student referrals who have shown exemplary community or church involvement, as well as scholastic and academic excellence.
Concerns of Police Survivors (C.O.P.S.)
- Pawnbrokers across the country are honored to help this fine organization continue their mission of "rebuilding shattered lives" of the surviving family members and affected co-workers of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty. C.O.P.S. is a national, not-for-profit, 501(c)3 organization with 50 chapters throughout the United States, that gives scholarships to surviving spouses and children of fallen law enforcement officers. C.O.P.S. believes that higher education for any child should not be put in jeopardy or disrupted because of the unforeseen tragedy that has befallen the family, and that educating a surviving spouse only ensures that the family will be better off financially. C.O.P.S. is proud to announce the organization has just surpassed the $1 million mark in scholarships. To learn more and/or contribute directly, please visit www.nationalcops.org.
Springfield Police Department
- We were pleased to help them with an Anti-Drug Campaign, being one of the sponsors that paid for pamphlets that could be distributed in local elementary schools.
City of Panama City
- We enjoy donating to their Annual Christmas Party, showing our support for the hard working city employees who do such a fine job for us.
Mosley High School
- We have supported the dolphins Football program before, donating to their "Touchdown Club" in several ways, including their golf tournament fundraisers. We have also donated to their MAPPS program, and Soccer boosters.
United Way of Northwest Florida
- They have several activities we have supported over the years. It is truly one of the finest charity organizations in Bay County, led by a wonderful group of selfless community volunteers.
March of Dimes
- We supported Bill Kinsaul and Patty Kelley's efforts this spring to raise money for March of Dimes http://www.baycoclerk.com/2011/05/26/employee-of-the-quarter/ 2011 MISSION REPORT Over 231,000 babies are born in Florida every year, find out what the March of Dimes Florida Chapter is doing to help them have stronger, healthier lives. The Clerk’s office raised $15,400 for the March of Dimes this year, and placed second in overall fundraising for Bay County. They had a Fish Fry that was a huge success and raised over $4,000. They also had numerous bake sales and luncheons, and overall they worked very hard. Congratulations. We are thrilled to play a small part in your success. Definitely a worthy cause!
- Through this organization, Derek & Chad are dedicated to providing once-in-a-lifetime outdoor opportunities to deserving children with disabilities or terminal illness. They have access to some of the absolute best private properties in South Georgia and North Florida. Their dream is to make kids dreams come true. Every year their goal is to do something a little different, a little better, and a little bigger. Several weeks ago a co-worker was drawn for the second week of Alligator season here in Florida. He generously offered one of his two tags for use by Camo Dreams. George has hunted before and thought that getting a 6ft gator for a kid would be a great hunt and a greater adventure. Turns out it was an adventure that we will all never forget!!! That smile says it all!! The gator was an inch and a half over 10 feet long and took over 3 hours to get in the boat!!
Derek C. Fussell, President
W. Chad Redding, Vice President
Camo Dreams, Inc. (a Florida Non-Profit Corporation) . . .
Because some people don't dream in black and white, or color, they dream in camo.
- We enjoy supporting Greg Williams' Fall banquet every year. He and the Shriners raise money to help pay for the transportation fund, that pays for the equipment necessary to carry children and their families to Shriners' burn unit hospitals.
Friends of NRA
- This wonderful group supports the future of the shooting sports including paying for high school shooting activities, like range time, ammo, competition fees, etc. Since its inception in 1992, Friends of NRA has held over 12,000 events, reached over two million attendees and raised over $140 million for The NRA Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. We not only help Greg Williams every year by being a sponsor of this event, but we also attend the actual dinner & auction.
- Girls Incorporated is a national nonprofit youth organization dedicated to inspiring all girls to be strong, smart, and bold. With roots dating to 1864, Girls Inc has provided vital educational programs to millions of American girls, particularly those in high-risk, underserved areas. Today, innovative programs help girls confront subtle societal messages about their value and potential, and prepare them to lead successful, independent, and fulfilling lives. They do great work and we are pleased to be able to support them.
Autism Education Center
- Our online Autism Education Center focuses on educating, learning, relating and supporting anyone who has an interest or is affected by Autism. We hope to use these key elements to build self esteem and confidence in all and any lives touched by Autism. We intend to bring Autism into the public eye and in so doing dismiss many of the misconceptions that surround autism. Our physical center for autistic children is located in Lynn Haven, Florida and is staffed by nurses, therapists and local educators to name a few.